- Howard Roark (Genius Architect who does not let his work be measured against other people's standards) The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
- Waiyaki (Brilliant boy who depicts what one stands to lose in the encroachment of a new culture) The River Between by Ngugi wa Thiong'o.
- Michael: If you haven't read #TheReader by Bernhard Schlink then you should get the book and you'll love this character. He's only 15 and falls in love with a woman way older than him over twice his age, and he finds out a secret-one that he has to keep even if it means she will be sentenced to life imprisonment.
- Elizabeth Bennet (She is my heroine, who refuses to marry other than out of love, respect and mutual understanding. Her patience lands her the wealthiest gentleman around who loves her) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
- Jebeleh : He is my favorite character because he goes back in time to Somalia, 20 years after their family fled the country to somehow reconcile his past and meet his best friend Bile-and I like the way he takes in things from all sides then thinks them over. Read #Links by @NuruddinFarah
- Namunyu (This boy is intelligent, he gets the best missionary education-loves a girl that would have to wait for 18months to see him) The High School Gent by Miriam Khamadi Were.
- Hank Rearden (Genius inventor, who comes second to the main character-but he's awesome) Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
- Okonkwo (Proud, warrior and most of all upholder of cultural customs of the Umofia people-hated it when he committed suicide) Things Fall Apart by CHinua Achebe.
- Obi Okonkwo (Okonkwo's grandson-educated but full of pride and is as stubborn as his grandfather-he gets sent to jail for taking bribes after he loses hope in all he's had) No Longer at Ease by Chinua Achebe.
- Darcy FitzWilliam (now who doesn't love a proud gentleman who willingly lets his guard down when he's finally met the woman of his dreams?) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
First Impressions matter to most people-same goes for me with Characters. I love some characters,hate others and completely feel numb towards others. Here's my list of impressionable characters: