Friday, December 20, 2013

Bits and Pieces...what happens when you have a cup of Coffee.

I love taking coffee.

For a beverage that is deemed to have originated from Ethiopia, all I can say is that a cup of coffee + a good book + good music= a very happy Me!

So, where was I heading with this---> well, I have been going round in circles with this post because it touches on a very dear friend, whom with time we have visited most cafes  here in Kisumu and I must say that we both agree that the place with the best service has to be Kahawa na Kadhalika a.k.a (KnK).

Yes, for a coffee shop - it's gained some good reviews on TripAdvisor, and I will have to say that I do frequent the KnK outlet at Mega Plaza in Kisumu- for four reasons:
  1. They make great Mochas and Lattes.
  2. They serve delicious, soft and most of all fresh- chocolate muffins.
  3. Their waiters are friendly. I'd say kudos to Kevin, Daisy and Winnie- they have all been wonderful to me for the times I went there, and nothing beats a smiling and courteous waiter who knows how to take your order, when to deliver your order, wish you a great time there- and most of all knows when and how to present the bill.
  4. It's serene. Love the seats and the background music- though I'd say they do love playing The Fray, Avril Lavigne and The Cranberries.

So, what happens when you have a cup of coffee?

I found out that good company - added to great coffee makes life better. So, my friend- was around, he hit me up on Facebook- and we had our first coffee at KnK.

It was wonderful to listen to his experiences being abroad- and striving to make ends meet and most of all his views on life and his aspirations. I will confess that most of the time I was a little nervous because I have to admit that I wanted to make a good impression. I was hoping he'd love KnK- and after spending some time there- turns out he did :-)

So, what happened next?

Well, the next time we met- we tried some different place at the United Mall- and it sucked!

Yeah- maybe we should have tried Cafe Ole- but we went for the restaurant directly opposite and it took the waitress ten minutes to get me my coffee- which turned out to be instant coffee. You know- just a pot of milk, a dainty cup, sugar on a saucer and a sachet of Nescafe- way to go!

She took forever to bring the bill- and sadly speaking, my dear friend didn't like it as such- but one thing I did learn was that- first impressions do count. Just like when a cute guy is approaching a cute girl- well, what he says in the first five seconds will determine whether he gets her number or not.

With hospitality- when you treat people bad- well, word goes around and that's it. It's even worse when she has a blog- well, she'll tell everyone about it! So, if you are in Kisumu I'd say there are places you'd get good service and others where it would suck- you choose which one you want.

I am yet to walk down to Boston Cafe- in downtown Kisumu- and have a Latte there. I did try their muffins once, so maybe I should see what else they have in store- and my hope is that I will not have to listen to the waiter or waitress tell me 'this is teapot" like the lady at United Mall- because then I will be forced to correct him/her by saying "this is a teapot! Yes, as in "a teapot."

I would however like to end this post by saying- thank you for letting me rant about my coffee experiences. I would also like to wish you a wonderful week- cherish every moment you have, take in the good and the bad to learn what you can about them and be the one person who radiates light.


--
How can one change the world if one identifies oneself with everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!