Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Words at dusk.

Today has been a wonderful day and this is so because I have actually re-evaluated my goals and desires with such difficulty I thought I was going through a breakdown. I am a writer- and I collect pencils; that is well known by most, but to say that I also have my fears when I hold a pencil and the words simply do not flow is not known by many. Isn't it funny how a writer can slave over a novel for years only to be read in less than five days? And forget that,what of the actors who have to be on set for say a month or more and shoot many clips of one scene only to have an audience watch them for less than two hours? A friend once told me , that I am a slave. I almost smiled but I was glad that she noted that and immediately tagged her as wise, I am a slave not in the essence that I suffer and get whipped, but rather that I work for hours on every word that I write because I know what power they hold. Words can actually create a masterpiece or destroy one before his/her conception. It also hit me that I am over ambitious, and I want to please plenty and forget about myself. I kept working round this piece of work and almost lost my cool when the words could not reach out to me, but isn't that what writing is all about? I must write, that is all I know, yet with words at dawn am left with nothing but hope at dusk, and whenever I feel so low, I clutch that pencil and scribble a few words of comfort, I should have called it "letters to a young writer" but that would distort the masterpiece "letters to a young poet" I guess we all have dreams and we all face brick walls in trying to achieve them, what then sets us apart is our ability to get through that wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!