Saturday, July 30, 2011

Questions I ask myself

If you were asked to walk a thousand miles to win a gift, would you do it? First, you would ask, where exactly and whether any gear will be offered to sustain you, then of course you would want to know what kind of gift it is. For most people a cash reward of say $1000,000 would do just fine. For others then walking all that while is nothing but a sign of desperation and they would rather go on with their life than do so.
There are so many questions to this extent that I ask myself. All of them concern spontaneity. In love So,what then?
What does this mean about me in essence and about my expectations??
Some of my friends link it to possible depression, others to creativity others think that I am an extrovert inside and an introvert outside, others simply buy me a cup of coffee and we laugh about it. Point is we all have at some point in life asked 'what if" or "how can I" questions. What matters is whether you dwell on them for good or bad. I have been reading Viktor Frankl's "The Meaning of Life" and he talks about life being in the here and now. He asks for people to see the good in tough times. I also like how simple it is written yet he talks of life during the Nazi era. He had not heard from his wife, children and family and he had to hope that they were well. He explains his survival strategy in Nazi concentration camps during World war 2.
To Frankl, "If there is a meaning in life at all, then there must be a meaning in suffering. Suffering is an eradicable part of life, even as fate and death. Without suffering and death, human life cannot be complete."
In thinking of how much he went through and how he had to accept it, I am tempted to think that all human beings can overcome their challenges.
The greatest question I ask myself is: If a person can indeed overcome their challenges, why then do most people quit, when they are on the brink of success?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!