Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dead end or just a brick wall?

Have you ever woken up to ten missed calls, one hundred tweets, fifteen messages, a throbbing headache, a never ending fever and three back to back classes?
I woke up the exact way yesterday. The moment I set my feet on the cold tile floor I almost gasped in pain. It was one of those days-as Bruno Mars calls it, when you want to apply the "Lazy song."
Going back to bed was not an option and my ears though blocked were buzzing away at something unknown to me. I got out of bed, took a shower and got dressed and ready for campus. I then had some chapati and ndengu for breakfast before trotting out of the room accompanied by my room-mate. Getting to school took us ten minutes and she went to class as I made it to the library.
If anyone saw me, they would have seen a smiling, happy girl spotting the greatest Afro ever!
Fast forward to this day when I woke up feeling much better, and I can't help but think what was up yesterday?
At times our bodies gives us signals that we can choose to accept or ignore. I chose to ignore my symptoms because they were not as intense. I also felt as though it would just pass,and as the day progressed it did.
It got me thinking of life and what we deal with on a daily basis. When it seems as though you have reached a dead end-chances are you have just hit a brick wall, you can choose to walk back to where you came from or climb the wall to get to the other side. At times if you can't climb it, just appreciating the fact that you can get through it, makes the wall either grow shorter or disappear to pave way.
If you feel overwhelmed take a breather and look at the options you have, then work with the best option that comes to mind. At times the best option might take a while to discover, what then? You quit whining and pick up your slack and keep going.

--
How can one change the world if one identifies oneself with everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!