Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's a New Dawn...a very scary one.

I have been writing for twelve years now. It's been one of those journeys where the destination is nothing to look forward to, but the bumps- no matter how big and gruesome, keep you on the road. So, today after having enough time to think - I learned that I have something inside of me-call it hope or dream, that no form of employment would definitely create room for because of how wild and uncertain it is.
I did have coffee with my sister. I ran into an old flame who bought me 3 novels (from the book vendor right outside Tuskys Supermarket- the one that's behind Mr. Price in town). I also did get a call from a friend who got a job courtesy of my editing and interview training. She was so happy she could barely contain herself. Now I am so glad for her that I can barely contain myself :-).
But, that aside- if you are ever seeking to work for someone-you have to fit their profile. I have learned I cannot do that- am not such a good actress. If you seek to work with someone, then you have to be willing to learn as much as you can from them- and sadly so, most of the jobs that seem to come my way need me to fit their profile-so, I will gladly stick to Research- for I can indeed be myself out in the field (point duly noted!)
So, since I last posted anything on this blog- I figured I could open up about this new dawn for me. It's all about the things I love and the places I have been to. I have gotten the opportunity to finally see through a life-long project and it scares me. It scares me because I will be running my own organization hoping to positively influence others. I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, because now that I have somewhere that I belong, it seems as though the world is ready to show me just how much I have to deal with.
So, "Happy Valentines" and share the love!
And if you are like me facing the challenge of you life- "here's to you" hoping that for every doubt, you have years of love and support knowing that you have all you need- to get moving and once you shine so bright no one's going to want to dim your light, not unless you let them- so don't.

--
How can one change the world if one identifies oneself with everybody?

3 comments:

  1. that's good for you, if you need any cvs sent to you, let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, if you do need anyone to employ- let us know too- you'll most definitely get lots of help.
    its a good thing you're doing you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. I couldn't have put it better. Only few people have the courage to follow their hearts. Don't let the doubts or the difficulties along the way discourage you in any way :-)Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Reading!