Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The World of Books

Bill asked me today "why do you love books so much?"

I asked him "have you read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury? He smiled. I realized that I had presented him not only with the answer but the perfect answer.

So, if you have a friend or relative who loves reading books and enjoys what they offer- then never ask why they love reading.

Sometimes when people ask questions like "who supports reading?"
I would answer- books! But books are written by people. People who get to use words not only to make meaning but create a world where meaning is relative- what you understand from a book is simply not what I would understand because of our different experiences.

It's no wonder Literature in high school is so dull!
It even gets worse when you teacher believes more in a guidebook that exploring the world of the written word!

If there is something I have learned from books, is to never stop creating.

I came across this great piece of art, by Caroline and decided to share it with you- check out her page carolinexpaige for more awesome pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!