Sunday, July 28, 2013

Be all right

I am listening to Justin Bieber's #bealright song as I write this. It has been a while since I shared with you my experiences and so I figured today would be ideal.
This makes my 5th day in Nairobi. I am getting used to the weather and waking up by 6:00am to get to training. I have been reading 'The Winter Vault'  by Anne Michaels.  I have come to learn that I am withdrawn, not by temperament but by choice.  See, we are being trained by some French Canadian, for a research project and of sixty people I have interacted with only three.  I am amused by this so much so that I could not help but make a list of stranger's must know.
1. Name
2. What's good about you?
3. Nice to meet you.
4. Get back to what I was doing.

I shared this with a friend and she laughed it off,  but what do you think?
I have close to two months to spend in this city (if all goes well), and in that time I hope to foster my character and secure a place to volunteer too.
What are some of your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!