I was angry, and declined his request. I did what I always do best when my emotions get the best of me- I walked away.
How do I do it?
Simple- it is by placing one foot in front of the other.
Now, years on- it feels like I have to find some common ground. I find myself seeking such solace- not because I need it, but because it would help me connect with someone I barely know. I have to find that common ground with my writing too. I have achieved some milestones with my writing and have lots more to go.
With 19 books published online at Smashwords and 47,006 views on this blog, it seems as though I am on some track, wherever it leads me I have to admit is still a mystery.
Having tried commercial publishing with 2 books available on Amazon, all I can say is that there's a lot more for me to do.
So, that said- I figured:
- I work best writing in the first voice.
- I love writing about relationships, dating, romance.
- I also do love sharing my experiences when I am out and about.
- Most of my writing is less that 20,000 words.
- I took part in this year's NanoWrimo and I'm a winner! Yes, just look at the sidebar (on your right) and you'll see the banner. I got that for writing 55,000 words of a novel in 29 days!
- I started a blook (blog + book). You can visit www.blindedstory.wordpress.com and follow the story of Leo and Melissa
- I write every day, working on Currents, my new idea of a sequel- it's meant to be a 4-part story.
You can do the same, it is a way of understanding how far you've come in attaining your goals- and why you had those goals in the first place.
It's not easy, but it is really worth a try.