Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What's Your Story?

"What's your story?"
This is the new theme for the Nokia Lumia 1520, and I came across it on a copy of #pigiame magazine.
I figured this is the one thing we yearn to know but fear to ask. Imagine asking everyone you come across 'what's your story?'  If you are like my almost middle-aged friend, then you dread the idea of them breaking into a tearjerker story, that leaves you thinking your life is the best!
The other thing we yearn to know but fear to ask is if we are loved, and believed. Do you believe me? Do you trust me? All these questions have answers that are crucial to our self esteem but lie solely on someone else. They can choose to say 'yes' or 'no.' Language is a thing of beauty isn't it? For in their response, 'yes' is but 3 letters while 'no' is 2. Most people find it hard to say the latter, so much so that they add another word for soft landing, 'thanks', and as such look you straight in the eye and say 'no, thanks.' So when I saw the phrase 'what's your story?, I thought of asking people, being bold enough to ask and brave enough to listen. For some wise person once said that we all carry heavy loads such that if all of us were asked to assemble and put down our loads, then go round looking for a lighter one to carry we would all walk in circles back to our own load. I have also been told that there is so much to writing, and with so many rules, one has stuck and it only asks of me to write.
So, what's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!