Thursday, April 24, 2014

Unboxed

I know not if the word "unboxed" exists.

I choose to use it.

I woke up today at 3:20am, and found myself thinking of the days I relished being part of the 5am club. I have resorted to odd hours nowadays. I sleep when I can, and wake up to either read a book, or write stories, most of which I discard at the turn of dawn.

I had a moment today. It was neither an 'a-ha!" moment nor an "oh-my-gerd!" moment. It was an "uh?" moment. I knew I had to do two things: change the template settings of this blog, and the read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin

I am yet to get to the book, but some time during that moment- I had this intense feeling that I am overly emotional and should just forget it all and get back to sleep. I did so, at 4am and woke up at 7:14am thinking of making some toast and brewing a pot of coffee. So, what brought on this "uh?" moment?
I was chatting with Grace (she's an awesome friend, and so, I keep mentioning her in my posts)- and she'd asked me why I slip through her fingers most of the times. She said that I'm hot and cold, and just when she thinks she knows me, I surprise her- and she wants to know why?

I immediately laughed, and told her that no one has ever used a line from Katy Perry's song, to describe me. She said she was serious and sent me seven angry emoticons to prove it.
I don't know.
I am a human being- hence I'm always changing and what I say and do now is not what I'll say and do in the next second.

It just got me thinking of how easy it is to follow the rules and be what everyone around you expects- and in the end you become a collage- a collection of people's expectations and opinions such that you can't bear to look at yourself or be by yourself- for you are driven by others.

Isn't that sad?

Well, I've just gotten an idea for a novel, and maybe I could work this one through.

But, my hope for you today is that you are unboxed. If you've been boxed- then simply get out of it and always bear in mind that you are evolving. Create. Inspire. Learn and most of all- listen. There's so much you get out of people by granting them your open ears and closed mouth.

PS: What do you think of the new look?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!