Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Somewhere along the way

What a start to the week!

I love my Mondays, and this past day has not be an exception- I even think it went better than I had expected.

In my previous post I had shared that this month would be very hectic given that I'd be on the road daily- and would also have to work on the events for Teens for Teens. It's true, I had the chance to address parents on the importance of my work- and them in supporting their children in Dholuo.
Now, if you are reading this and know me (or are very close to me)- you'd agree that when it comes to speaking fluent Dholuo, my grandmother shakes her head as though she's heard the world is coming to an end.

But, don't rule me out as yet- I did conduct three good meetings and so far, I've got a lot more to pick up and polish on, but it's good.
It's because of this experience that I thought of 'somewhere along the way.'

Have you ever started doing something yet you are uncertain of how well you'd fare?
I have.
I didn't know I'd pull it off- but I did. So now, along the way with my determination and desire to meet my objectives- I found myself doing the one thing I was scared I'd fail at, and that was being able to address parents in Dholuo.

You can always push yourself to do good, to go beyond your limitations- but today I also learned that you can also take notes along the way and review them later on because they'd help you understand at what point you achieved a milestone.

I still have a lot of meetings to attend, but I am looking into being able to express myself even better and attaining my objectives along the way too.

I promised to share pictures- and these happen to be those sights that simply had me pulling my phone out of my pocket to capture some shots.

--
For all that is right, let there be love-peace and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!