Saturday, April 3, 2010

HARD ROAD.

I came across this lovely quote and for three weeks it has been my desktop background.
"Someone once asked me, 'why do you always insist on taking the hard road?' and I replied 'why do you assume I see two roads?"
Being a psychology major has always been interesting, and I have never lost the psyche to want to become a professional in the field. But I do not want to be counselor. Yes, I do not want to listen to people rant about their problems for over an hour and then leave so depressed. You wonder why of course-psychology is fun and loving, true, and I am going to be a child psychologist. Will I listen to the problems that these children, orphans and the vulnerable ones have? Yes and I know I will be so frustrated at the end of the day but am looking into what I can handle. Most people think that psychologists are demi gods but they are not. They do not have the answers 24/7 and it took me six sessions of trauma counseling to know what it means to listen to people's problems and try to help them figure a way out for themselves. I do not want to burn out and that is why am trying to solve the problems at their tender roots-because if a child lives a healthy life wholly-then chances are he/she will grow up to be better than most.
That is why I am taking the hard road-easy things are not normally worth it-hard ones are because at the end of it you have known your weak and strong points.

--
Totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!