Thursday, May 20, 2010

TRUTH TEST FINDINGS.

First things first, I am getting done with my second book and looking for a publisher and happened to come across one who seemed very interested in what I was writing. So I pulled out my truth test book and he actually thought that it was just a notebook--he said "cool notebook!"
And I said "thanks!"Which would be a fail by now, because it was not just a notebook, it was a truth test notebook!
So instead of freaking out I have this plastic smile which he takes to be genuine and tells me more about his publishing firm, well, enough with the story telling, the conversation went something like this:
him: so, this book you are writing sounds very interesting, have you considered publishing it?
me: yes, a couple of times, but my main concern are the rates I will be offered.
him: what rates would you prefer to have then?
me: sustainable ones.
him: like what for example, are we talking 10%, 20% or maybe 30%?
me: funny how you started with low rates, have you ever thought of 100%?
him: that is not possible.
me: with self-publishing it is.
him: so, you want to self-publish?
me: I am still weighing my options and will make a move when I have thought things over, by the way that is a very lovely tie.
him: thank you and you had better let me know how it goes, I would be honored to come to terms with you and publish your book.
As he walked away, I pulled out my truth test book and cancelled the statement "give honest compliments"--his tie was just a rainbow in form of cloth! Worst part is that he actually had a brown suit and a tie with icons of Christmas trees! It is tough telling the truth but easy being honest with myself, that is my finding for today...let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.


Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!