Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GOING JAPANESE!

So, before you start thinking that I am looking to have an eye operation-let me get the facts straight! I am going Japanese in terms of reading! Ever heard of Daisaku Akeda? Well, he is a great writer and poet one of the very few to get literary awards and meet Nelson Mandela. I was making my rounds in the school library when I came across a section for Japanese writers and their works and ever since that has been my hangout joint! I have read a couple of books my favourite being "Strangers" by Taichi Yamada- he tells of a writer who gets divorced from the wife, only for his best friend to say that he wants to pursue her and then he has certain hallucinations. In reading his book I felt like I was reading Shutter Island, and that is amazing. I went beyond my comfort zone( reading classics) and pursued something that I have come to love. What I am trying to say is that we have to stop being a rocking chair-why? Well a rocking chair only moves back and forth but it is kinds stagnant! Get out of your comfort zone, venture forth into new worlds, how else will you learn what is great? PS: I f you want to read great works by some Japanese authors I would suggest-Kinshu by Teru Miyamoto, Botchan by Natsume Soseki and Mistress Oriku by Kawaguchi.


--
Totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!