Friday, March 25, 2011

I WANT

want to get back to uni and complete my degree by December. I want to lose say two pounds. I want to gain some weight. I want a two litre tab of strawberry ice-cream. I want the best for my kids. I want to be happy. I want my husband to love me for who I am. I want my parents to listen to me for once. I want to get a good paying job. Gosh! I want...
Does this sound familiar?
It oughtta. Why? We all want some kind of comfort in life and that's why the above lines oughtta sound familiar. In wanting stuff, we often forget what we have to endure to get these things. I have been engrossed in this Korean drama that airs on GBS weekdays at 7:50pm. It's called "Boys over flowers." the tale simply spins around this normal girl Geum Jandi who is loved by the richest heir to the Shinwa company, Gu Junpyo. His mom does all he can to separate them, but is friends and some allies know he truly loves her and they do their best to keep their love going. Basically put, everything in life is all about struggle. It has to be tough before you appreciate it. We are like fine pottery, that has to be in form of clay. It has to be dug up, moulded and forced to endure 1300 degrees Celcius of heat in a kiln, before it becomes a beautiful centerpiece. Most of us never make it to the kiln because we are so apt to give up. So, take out a pen and paper and write down the things you want to get done today. Make it short and simple. Then go about doing those things. If you make it by the end of the day, then sit down and write what you want to do in the time to come. You have to be prepared to face the heat before you become a centerpiece...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!