Thursday, May 12, 2011

Re: MY ONE YEAR PLAN

This is very helpful Dora and written in a conversational tone - quintessentially Dora...
Success in your undertakings. Keep me posted.

Awesome day.

Simon

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:24 AM, dora okeyo <doramartty@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a semester left to clear all my undergraduate degree courses. I finish in Fall this year-and I am looking forward to it. However I am taking a Senior Experience course now that has me racking my brain ten times more. Last lecture we were asked to write down where we envision ourselves in one year, five years and finally ten years.
According to Psychology, it is healthy to plan for the future. Setting goals and achieving them is part of a process of self-fulfillment. Having studied the discipline for over three years, it is safe to say that this is true but the reality of the process itself is daunting. Most people indeed want to have money,a good house,a job and well just to be happy. So, it got me thinking in short term. Where would I like to be in the one year? For starters-I would want to have graduated with my Bachelors degree. I would also like to have at least two books published. Then, maybe having volunteered for what seems like forever.
Point is, it is not easy to come up with a one year plan-because it takes a lot of consideration. So, how then can you go about it?
  • First,consider where you are now. Are you still in school, or at an entry level job position?
  • Think through some of the things you want to have in life-that you do not currently have. This could be an apartment,a bed, table,paying job,life partner, more friends, money etc.
  • Write down what you want to have in a year,from the draft you have.
  • Write them down in order of urgency.
  • Work out a plan of reaching these targets. Like for example,if you want to finish school, consider how many terms/semesters you have left and how you can work out the courses to fit a completion period of one year.
So, go ahead and write your one year plan. If you already have, all you need to do is review it and figure out what milestones you have reached.

--
Totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!