Thursday, August 4, 2011

COFFEE BREAK

So having had a long night trying to move from one page of writing to the next, I thought that today would a cruise! I also believed that somehow my body would make up for the time it spent last night and somehow rejuvenate itself. I was so wrong and now, am thinking, how smart I could have been!
I have been going through some of the quotes by writers on writing.
Why?
Well, in life at times other people say things out of experience or their own thoughts and these often leave a mark in our lives. Quotes are always deemed special, but in real sense what makes them special is the fact that someone dared to say them out loud. It is always good to check up on what some of your predecessors had to say on something you are doing at least that way, you get to learn a thing or two about them and about the specific field you are in. Stephen Covey would say "Learn from the best." You do not have to schedule and appointment, board a plane, navigate through security to talk to a world leader you admire, simply pick a book they have published or tune in to their talks and interviews to get their perspective on life.
So, during my coffee break I came across three quotes that I will have to share with you:
"Pen, paper, perseverance, and proficiency."- Duane Alan Hahn
"Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard." -Daphne Du Maureir
"Good prose is like a window pane."- George Orwell
I am still trying to think of what Daphne would do if she knew that most writers in the 21st century are seen and heard because of their work. Now, get on with some quotes.


--
Keep Reading!

Check out these blogs too: Jodie, Child of Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!