Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Reasonable Woman

There's this guy who just got on all my nerves till there none left, he said "Women are unreasonable, I mean ask most men and they will concur!"
I felt all the anger seethe through me like an electric surge (you know like lightning). I looked at the guy and thought of how hard it is for a woman to be deemed reasonable. I know in most relationships-men would let their women have their say by simply evading a discussion or a potential argument. Come to think of it, how frequent do women tell their men "I told you so?"
Now who's reasonable? Nerd smile
I take my words from Lord Chesterfield, (1753), " A man's own good-breeding is his best security against other people's ill manners."
From these words so much is clear on women and men and what reason is. First,everyone has the right to she interest or not in a particular matter. Everyone also has a right not to understand what someone has said or what they have just encountered. Everyone has a right to change their mind, make a mistake, disagree and be informed.
Of all these everyone has the right to their own opinion, but not to abuse the privilege and act stupid. I will go back to the guy who irked me and use him as an example. He thought words from other men, would justify his statement that women are unreasonable. In this context it did not apply and he came off as annoying, stupid and most of all irrelevant!
His girlfriend refused to walk with him to the parking lot, because she wanted to catch up with us. Instead of the guy saying he'd want them to walk alone there, get into the car and head home, he used a stereotype to defend himself!
How reasonable do you think a woman would be deemed if these are the basis on which they are examined?

1 comment:

  1. I know-men always think they know everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Reading!