Sunday, March 17, 2013

What to do, What to do, What to do...

I did not mean to have it on replay (well, maybe I did)- but do you have the same feeling when you are bored?
I learned something while watching my 3 year old nephew-that kid never gets bored! I mean, we could watch the television or be doing house chores- but he's forever playing if not with his toys, then with his very (and I mean very) immobile bicycle.
So, when I hear people say "I am bored" I figured before I would immediately say "I know the feeling." But now, I say "really?"
I mean- I discovered the world of books, music and writing and of late I have been practising my ASL (American Sign Language)- and my Korean and Chinese characters while also doing some writing for a Democracy Project. So-that said, I reckon I cannot get bored not unless I am not motivated to do anything.
And that's exactly what boredom is. It's the absence of motivation to engage in anything- and imagine just how awful that is!
So while we are at it, never say you are bored when your mind can engage you in some wordplay, reading, basic algebra-or a movie or music. Never say you are bored for as long as you can will yourself to engage in an activity.


--
How can one change the world if one identifies oneself with everybody?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a good idea, paragraph is fastidious, thats
    why i have read it completely

    Feel free to surf to my website :: kona coffee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Reading!