Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wherever I Go

"May you be a blessing wherever you go."

I woke up with this in my mind and no matter what I do, I cannot shake it off. I have been to Juja, and Thika (well, I am still in Thika as I type this), but the phrase is stuck in my head.

So, I figured what do you make of everything you do?
How perfect or how much do you strive for perfection in everything that you do?

For some people- what matters is getting things done. They do not care much about how it's done but more that it is done.

It's my second day here in Thika and I have encountered delightful and down right cruel people- and this has got me appreciating the fact that I cannot get "may you be a blessing wherever you go" out of my head.

We meet people, travel to places and do things- and all the while we leave an impression- some great, others awful, and in all sense I have come to understand that though we cannot please people all the time, I don't want to be the one people talk ill of when I turn my back. I do not want to be the cause for someone wishing that I never existed- not if I can help it by being courteous!

Sounds a lot like pleasing people right?

Well, it ain't. Not everyone will like you, but that does not mean that you be rude to everyone- and given that I have learned this- I will do say that this week has me reviewing restaurants, eateries, and cafes.

So- I have had poor service at Click Restaurant at Uchumi House, Aga Khan Walk in Nairobi. The location is good. The decor needs work- who said checkered green table clothes go well with black, red and blue? Stick to one color, or blend them according the color wheel. The waitress took ages to serve us (my friend and I) , she leaned in too close ( enough to leave her scent on me), the food was cold- and whatever you do, kindly steer clear of the mango juice! Chances are you will understand that it ain't made of fresh mangoes and you could probably have the runnies!

Aside from Click, I have visited Jubilee Place in Juja- it's along the road on your way to Thika at the YANA service station. It's a cafe/restaurant and they serve some almost fair house coffee. It's price is cheap compared to most coffee houses in Nairobi. This also feels very cheap because service station eateries do have the knack of doubling or tripling their prices.

So, you know what they say:

Image Courtesy of: Pinterest

So, whatever you do...may you be a blessing.
Wherever you go, be a cause of joy and not pain.
Choose to be the one who makes someone smile, relieved, glad, and most of all grateful that they met you. You can choose to.

PS: I am heading to Christina Park (here in Thika) to lounge and read a few chapters of "Night Train to Lisbon" by #PascalMercier as I await my next appointment and visit to Juja. It is bound to be a day of understanding.

--
How can one change the world if one identifies oneself with everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!