Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mist.

I have been on the road for a while and this week has me covering very long distances. On my way to Sondu on Monday, I overheard a talk in the matatu about a woman who's husband was found murdered in Nairobi but she did not want to get the police involved.
The two women had different views on the situation.
One lady thought it was very selfish of the woman to leave her husband's death unavenged while the other simply said that revenge would get her nowhere- and she had a great point- the police would be of no good use.
She simply concluded, 'the police would not get to the bottom of the matter and she needs to have peace of mind."
So, I had this wicked idea of trying to spin the story and this is what I've come up with...enjoy!


Somebody murdered my husband, and I know who sent him. Kennedy was a wonderful man; he wined and dined with whoever could afford to spend time with him, and had a wonderful mechanism of distribution. His generosity saw him have three children with three different women upon death. I thank the heavens every day for such generosity. Don't think I didn't know about them, I just learned to let him do his business. I never asked why or when because I knew if I did two things could happen: we would fight and I would walk out on him.


--
Dora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!