I got this list of 50 rules of work from Robin Sharma that I find helpful when it comes to work.
For now, I will share only six, you can read the rest on his blog: www.robinsharma.com
1. You are not just paid to work. You are paid to be uncomfortable, and to pursue projects that scare you.
2. Good enough isn't just good enough.
3. To double your income, triple your rate of learning.
4. The bigger the dream, the more important the team.
5. An addiction to distraction is the death of creative production.
6. Lead you first. You can't help others reach for their highest potential until you are in the process of reaching for your own.