Monday, May 5, 2014

#ForgivenessChallenge

It's not easy to forgive when we're wronged.
It's even harder to expect forgiveness from the person you've hurt because seeing them hurt and mad at you doesn't seem like a free card to peace of mind.

So, what's this #ForgivenessChallenge all about?

Ever heard of Desmond Tutu ?

Yes, he is the South African social rights activist, retired Anglican Bishop who has won numerous awards for his constant call for humanity. He even won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984, and the Gandhi Peace Prize in 2007.

Well, I just signed up for the Tutu Global Forgiveness Challenge. Want to join me?


Here's how: Sign up at www.forgivenesschallenge.com

It's a 30-Day Forgiveness Journey.
I'm taking part to work through bits of my life and I hope to learn from other people's experiences, because I've always known that people are like a collage- they have so much going on that if you take them at ace value, you miss out on who they really are.

It's not easy to forgive or be forgiven, but together we can make the world a better place.
We have many challenges facing us today- and one area that often gets to me in social media is cyber bullying . People have so much time and good access to internet and instead of using it for good- they resort to insulting and being mean to others.

But, that's not what the 30-day Forgiveness Challenge is about. I have signed up, and maybe my journey will feel a little different from yours based on our experiences- but it'd be great to share my revelations with you knowing that you understand where I'm coming from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Reading!